Monday, November 7, 2011

The Village.






For a small amount of money we book a 12 hour sleeper train, a bus and hire a guide to take us over rice fields, mountains and streams 3 hours untill we reach her village where we stay the night with locals of the village. Its not quite what I expected, the village was spread out along a huge valley which went much further than I ever saw and with a total of 400 houses with at least three inhabitents each, the population was huge. They had two schools, shops selling coke, sweets and beer as well as restaurants (in a loose sense of the word) which had a variety of meals. Along with shops selling 'hand made' bags and carvings which I never figured out if was actualy hand made or if this was just somthing said to make me spend my tourist money (which I did not).
Some things where as expected, unmaintained swing bridges and wooden hand made buildings and farm yards as well as the locals choice of cloths (see pic).
but all in all an amazing trip even when the ladys who had walked with us and made freinds with us the whole way to the village suddenly turned into mobile shops wanting to sell us bags, braclets or pillowcases and got affended when I said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment