Friday, October 28, 2011

Thailand





After a five second free fall on board the Air Asia plane which nearly turned my seat brown I nearly kissed the ground when I finally stepped off and at that moment I vowed never to fly Air Asia again.
The temperature was 32 deg and I had no real clue were to go. I headed for the subway (mrt station) and bought a ticket to a area I thought might have a hotel, after strolling through back alleys filled with staring locals I found a beautiful hotel for 700 bath a night (around $30nzd or £15 ukp), I would say at least a three star, I showered using the complementry shower gells and fluffy towels and by the time I had finished the weather had changed from white cloud during day to rain, thunder and night.
I turned on the tv (36inch widscreen plasma) to see the news, the words I could not understand but the pictures spoke for themselves. The city I had just walked through was in the firing line of the worst floods the country has ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment